Article I NAME
This association shall be called "Kawartha Woodturners Guild"
Article II PURPOSE
To advance and promote woodturning.
Article III MEMBERSHIP
A. Type of membership
B. Conditions of Membership
1. Regular (amateur, professional and/or collector) interested in woodturning, must
a) apply for membership in the Guild and pay the one-time initiation fee.;
b) pay annual dues as defined in the By-Laws;
c) be 16 years of age or over;
d) be accepted by the executive;
e) pay subsequent annual dues.
2. A Family Membership shall consist of one Regular member and unlimited people, living at the same address and directly related to the Regular member at that address. Family members shall conform to Regular Member conditions with the exception of paying initiation fees.
3. Honorary Membership may be granted by the Executive for special or long service to the Guild. Honorary memberships shall be reviewed annually and continue if approved by the Executive. Honorary members will have fees and dues waived and will have no voting rights.
C. Prospective Members, Guests
1. a) Any Regular member in good standing may be accompanied by one guest to one Regular meeting of the Guild.
b) A guest or prospective member may attend one meeting only before applying to be a regular member.
2. Visitors, Vendors etc. at meetings will be with Executive approval.
Article IV ADMINISTRATION
1. An elected executive, as outlined in the By-Laws, shall run the Guild in accordance with the Constitution and By-Laws.
2. The Elected Officers in the Executive shall be Regular members in good standing who are residents of Ontario.
3. Fees and Dues
The Executive shall set Annual dues and Initiation fees.
Article V MEETINGS
1. Robert's Rule of Order shall prevail at all meetings.
2. Regular Meetings.
a) Shall be regularly scheduled at a time and place as determined by the Executive.
b) Will consist of a brief business meeting including a financial report, followed by a demonstration or presentation (teaching and/or learning periods) and some social activities.
3. Executive Meetings
Shall be scheduled by the Executive as required.
4. Annual General Meetings
Scheduled by Executive
5. Special Meetings
Scheduled by the Executive or by the Regular members as noted in the By-Laws.
A quorum shall be present for each and every type of meeting as defined in the By- Laws.
Regular members only shall have voting privileges.
Article VI AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION
1. Any Regular member, in good standing, may submit a written motion to the Secretary, not less than 30 days prior to the Annual General Meeting.
2. Said amendment will be presented to the General meeting and handled in the normal way and shall be effected with the support of 2/3 (two thirds) of the Regular members, in good standing, present at the meeting during which it is presented.
Article VII AMENDMENTS TO THE BY-LAWS
1. Any Regular member may submit a written motion to amend the By-Laws prior to or at any Regular meeting.
2. Said amendment, to be effected must have the approval by a simple majority vote of the Regular members, in good standing, at the next meeting (Regular, Annual or Special meeting).
Article VIII GUILD NAME OR LOGO
1. No one shall use the name "Kawartha Woodturners Guild" or its logo or any combination thereof without the authority of the Guild President and the prior approval of the Executive.
Article IX DISSOLUTION OF THE GUILD
1. If, for any reason, it becomes apparent that the Guild is no longer viable, the Executive shall propose at any Guild meeting that proceedings, as outlined in the By-Laws, be instituted to dissolve the Guild.